Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffering when speeds seem good!

Matt123459876
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone 

getting a bit desperate now and really searching for answers, i live rural and landline internet is shocking 0.5mbs if lucky so been on 4g internet for a long time, I switched over to ee about 1.5 year ago and for the first 6 months it was great as we stream on Netflix etc, then all of a sudden about 12 months ago we had a text saying they were doing work on our mast and that’s where it all went down hill, spent the last 12 months backward and forward with phone calls but because we have 20 - -35mbs they won’t do anything, symptoms are speed test of 25mbs, phone wont open web page till a 5 second delay, YouTube won’t play without saying loading for 5 mins at a time, I have a good tp link 4g router and just can’t understand why those speed can be so bad, we also have a autistic lad that watches his iPad on YouTube and when it starts buffering he doesn’t understand and can hit himself etc, need to try and figure out what’s going on, maybe we are being throttled? 
thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do other EE users get similar speeds in this location? Do speeds vary depending on time of day, and day-of-week?

Hi yes my sister lives next door she suffer the same problems it does do it a bit in the day but at night is worse, spent 1 hour last night try to watch a YouTube video then gave up, did speed test at 30mbs  surely if there were lost of users on the network the speeds would be lower, not that many houses around our area though.

ever since the mast had a problem a year back 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Matt123459876 

Welcome to the community.

Does the performance seem better when there are less devices connected to the router? Have you tried reporting a problem on our network status checker?
Chris

Hi if I remove devices it still stays the same, ee won’t put it to the level 2 team with the speeds I’m getting! Even though it feels like I’m on 2mbs.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thank you @Matt123459876 

Does the buffering happen even when you're near the router? Have you tried changing the location of the router to see if it improves?

Chris