cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A flaw in EE's handling of the mobile data

Li9204
Visitor

I have an EE account with two mobile numbers. One is with me, one  is used by another family member. I often gift data between the two numbers. Recently the other family member went abroad so for the last 6 weeks he never used mobile data in UK. So I thought I could gift the data to my number. However the data showed with EE APP for the other mobile number is 0/0 and the APP does not allow me to gift data from that number even never used any data in the last 6 weeks. I called EE, was told when the other member come back to UK, it will start to show the correct data. I said the whole point is that he is out of UK, I can use the data, but EE's technical support told me unfortunately she can't do anything that's how the system works.

I think the system's handling the above situation is flawed .

What do you think?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Li9204,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If a plans allowances are refreshed on the billing date when outside of the UK, you're unable to gift from this plan until returning to the UK.

James

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Li9204,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If a plans allowances are refreshed on the billing date when outside of the UK, you're unable to gift from this plan until returning to the UK.

James