Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600 GB acceptable-use and traffic shaping on personal vs business plans

cariad
Investigator
Investigator

Hi!

I've got a non-business Unlimited Max data SIM, and this morning I noticed that my Git connections are running super-slow. I turned on my VPN, and they immediately sped-up. So, I assume I've gone over my 600 GB acceptable-use limit and I'm under traffic shaping -- which is fine, I saw it in the fine print before I signed up.

The fine print also says EE could choose to move me to a business plan -- but I had a look at the business data SIMs and they seem to have the same 600 GB acceptable-use limit.

So, would moving to a business plan actually help me? Do EE have a data SIM for heavy Internet users that I just can't see? Any other options for me you can think of?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cariad 

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you're on the highest data plan available. If our data management team were to decide that it were needed, they would contact you to discuss plan options.

Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G

Hi @cariad 

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you're on the highest data plan available. If our data management team were to decide that it were needed, they would contact you to discuss plan options.

Chris

cariad
Investigator
Investigator

@Christopher_G Ah, thank you! Given that no-one got in touch, I'll assume that I didn't breach the usage policy. 🙂

I don't suppose you've got any ideas why Git traffic specifically would be so slow? Like I said, it's fast as ever through a VPN, but slowed to a crawl on my regular connection.

Katie_B

I'm unsure as to what could be causing this @cariad

Hopefully someone here on the community can help further. 

Alternatively, give us a call and our technical care team will be happy to help. 

Katie