cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with connecting to internet via Zyxel Mobile Wifi

GillianBrussels
Visitor

Hello, I live in Belgium but come to UK often to visit my elderly mother who only has a landline. I purchased a Zyxel  4G LTE-A Mobile Wifi  last year  and a Belgian SIM card but cannot use this SIM card in the UK. So, I purchased an EE pay to go Data SIM  30GB card costing GBP 30 from Argos/Sainsbury (since the EE outlet in Newbury did not stock this card) in November. With the help of a friend, I managed to set this up and it worked perfectly, it connected automatically to the internet each time I switched my laptop on. It was the same in December when I was in the UK for Christmas. However at end December, it ran out of data so I managed to pay a further GBP 10 top-up on 31 December just before returning to Belgium. I came back to the UK at the beginning of this month, tried to connect up the Zyxel which switches on OK but won't connect my laptop to the internet. What am I dong wrong? Has the Zxyel run out of money again? Any help you can give would be much appreciated. GillianBrussels

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If the data you bought previously lasted up to 31 Dec. you will now need to top-up again & buy some more data.

Look at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see what data add-ons are available.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)