Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mitsubishi ecodan air source heat pump EE 4g Wi-Fi issue

Jnxiueuefncen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

We have had a Mitsubishi ecodan air source heat pump since may 2021. It uses Wi-Fi to enable programming and remote control over the internet. It worked absolutely fine up to feb 19th 2023 when it disconnected from the network and will not reconnect. We use EE 4g home broadband via a TP link router and external roof mounted aerial. The internet connection is generally very good - everything else works fine work laptops, tablets, smart tvs, home pods etc. 

My neighbour has an identical set up same heat pump and internet provider. They also cannot connect the heat pump since 19th feb. 

I have tried all steps listed in the heat pump instructions and cannot get it to reconnect. I can see it listed as a connected device on the network but it seems that it is unable to communicate with the Mitsubishi server. 

I phoned Mitsubishi and they said it was a known issue with EE 4g broadband for which they have no suggested fixes. I spoke to EE who had not heard of the issue.  They were very helpful and wanted me to do a factory reset on my router. I don’t see how that will help seeing as everything else is working fine and I would then have to set it up again. 

Do any of you have any suggestions for how I can fix this please ? I wonder if it is something to do with the dark art of IP addresses, dns servers, subnet masks etc….

thank you. 

Martin 

43 REPLIES 43
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jnxiueuefncen,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did the manufacturer of the heat pump mention what the known issue is?

James

Hi James thanks for the welcome. No sadly not much detail other than they said EE mobile broadband was known to cause compatibility issues with their heat pumps. Didn’t sound as though it had been explored any further than that. This is the setup page for the heat pump dongle. I’ve changed the SSID of my Wi-Fi to ‘heat pump’ to separate the 2.4ghz bands out as I know it needs thatThis is the setup page for the heat pump dongle. I’ve changed the SSID of my Wi-Fi to ‘heat pump’ to separate the 2.4ghz bands out as I know it needs that

James_B

Hi @Jnxiueuefncen,

It will be difficult to get the issue raised without more information.

I'd recommend trying to get some further details from them so our Technical Support Team can investigate.

Thanks

James

Sadly they weren’t interested in exploring any further with me. No worries cheers for looking.  

James_B

No problem @Jnxiueuefncen 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to find a solution for you.

James

Ecodan
Investigator
Investigator

I too  had the identical problem on the same date. Prior to that the system had been working perfectly for 6 months.   I also contacted Mitsibushi who said that others had had similar problems with EE and BT  and advised me to contact EE.   I have proved it is an EE problem as I changed my EE Sim for a Vodaphone Sim which reconnected to the MelCloud immediately. 

This looks like the Tado debacle of January 2021 where it was not EE's problem,  (according to EE), but subsequently turned out to be EE. 

EE may be able to land aeroplanes  but they cannot connect my heat pump to MelCloud.

Thanks - interesting that you had the same issue on the same day.  How did TadoGate get resolved ?  Anything that can help us ??  

From what I can gather from reading the thread relating to the Tado issue is that EE  had done an update on the system. The fix was to roll it back (eventually).

How did you get around your problem?

Still haven’t solved my issue sadly. EE kindly offered to let me out of my contact a bit early but I don’t really want to as I’m otherwise very happy with them. 

How about you - did you stick with Vodafone ?