cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G WiFi losing connection

KamekoSkye
Investigator
Investigator

I got my 4G Hub a few days ago, and it's been good for me so far. However, I've found that on two occasions so far the internet will disconnect for over 10 minutes, and I have to turn off and on the hub to be able to reconnect to the internet. While disconnected, I also can't connect to the hub to check settings.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or do I have to turn it off and on again every few days?

10 REPLIES 10
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @KamekoSkye 

Are there any known issues in your area? You can check by popping your postcode into our Service Status Checker and hitting 'check status'.

Chris

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @KamekoSkye 

Is your hub going to sleep becase it is not in use. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
KamekoSkye
Investigator
Investigator

@Christopher_GChecking with my postcode says it's excellent. Checking by logging in and chosing the mobile number associated with my 4G hub says it's a good network.

@Northernerthis is happening while the internet is in use. Specifically, my computer is plugged into LAN port 2 (nothing plugged into LAN port 1).

As an update, it has happened once more today, and possibly could have happened just now (before making this comment) but I turned the hub off and on again before it affected my internet usage. I also have automatic updates disabed, because I'm worried I'll mistake the update for it being down. I also regain internet once it has connected again upon turning it off and on again.

Leanne_T

Thanks @KamekoSkye 

Did you select 'check status' on the coverage checker to see if there are any known issues in the area? 

Do you have any other EE devices? If so, are they experiencing any signal issues? 

Leanne.

KamekoSkye
Investigator
Investigator

@Leanne_T when I used the checker yesterday, I don't remember seeing any issues in my area (I did both the postcode and login checkers, postcode said excellent and login said good). Can't access the website on my mobile to check right now.

The hub is my only EE device. I do have another SIM with EE, I don't use it though

KamekoSkye
Investigator
Investigator

As a further update (it happened again today while I was out), on the localhost website (the 4 numbers that you use to check the status of the router) it had a red globe and 2 bars. The hub itself doesn't change from aqua

James_B

Have you been able to check the network status in your area, @KamekoSkye?

I'd also recommend turning automatic updates back on to make sure your device has the latest firmware version.

James

I have checked the network status in my area. No issues reported.

As for automatic updates, normally I'd agree with you, however given that when updating you can lose connection to the internet, and I don't want to accidentally restart my hub while it's updating, I turned off automatic updates.

I'm going to try pushing the reset button on my hub, see if I keep getting disconnected from time to time after a reset and update.

James_B

Hi @KamekoSkye,

If you continue to experience issues after an update, I'd recommend reporting a problem via the status checker so our network team can look into it for you.

Thanks

James