cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no verification codes in corfu.

elpocketo
Investigator
Investigator

i recently had a terrible experience with ee on arriving in Corfu from the uk had no internet at all ,though eventually managed to get it working my changing the apn settings. The worst thing however is that i couldn't receive any verification codes to my phone. This is important because now most services use apps that operated by texting you a code ,even food apps.i embarrassingly even had to use some random polish guys phone number on my app in Corfu to order food. I have decided next trip ill find another solution and wont use ee on arrival. If i cant receive these codes then pointless in using ee in eu.i was only there for a couple of days on arrival and departure and its critical everything works for me especially when relying on maps and apps

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Did your phone have mobile network coverage in Corfu? That's needed to make or receive calls, send or receive text messages or use mobile data.

Lack of coverage abroad is often caused by roaming not being enabled.

@elpocketo  You shouldn’t need to change the APN settings on the device in order to connect to a roaming network.     Unless your APN setting was wrong from the start.   

Are a contact customer or PAYG customers?  

i arrived and it it wasnt working at all.first tried making sure roaming had been activated which was.after a day i went into the apn settings and strangely it had switched to an albanian alb telecom, a sim id used 2 years ago.once i switched back to ee it worked but i never could receieve any verification codes at all.

contract.strangely it had switched to an albanian telecom apn a sim id used just for 3 weeks two yrs ago but it hadnt been in my phone since then.couldnt receive verification codes for the trip rendering it difficult to use apps of any kind.

i arrived in corfu and no 4g but i had a signal full strength.i found after 1 day by looking in apn settings the phone had somehow switched to an apn setting for alb telecom an albanian network id used 2 yrs ago but that sim not been in my phone since. as soon as i clicked on the ee apn it worked.i never could receieve any verification codes from any apps in corfu during my stay.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @elpocketo

Thanks for coming here and letting us know how you managed to get your phone working in Corfu. 

Katie 🙂