cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get WiFi controls working on a second iPhone or iPad

Mikey_Jax
Visitor

Has anyone had the issue with the EE App where it won’t “pair” with the Smart Hub Plus on a second device but keeps asking for a QR code to be scanned?

First let me set the scene.  Just migrated from BT to EE so that I could actually get the speeds I’m paying for as the BT hub was so outdated and not using WiFi that was meant for fast speeds new devices are capable of. 

I’ve finally got the new Smart Hub Plus up and running with two Smart WiFi modules - despite a very flaky EE app that kept freezing and having to reset the Smart WiFi boxes several times because they just wouldn’t keep a connection to the hub. 

So on my iPhone I have the EE app running. I’ve renamed my WiFi network so all my previous devices would work. 

Now I want to use the app on my iPad. But…the EE app says that I have to scan a QR code - useless is plea because I’ve renamed my WiFi network so what is the app looking for - or “enter details manually” that doesn’t let you enter anything but takes you to the “settings” on my iPhone and asked that I join the hubs network. I’m already on WiFi so why when I get back to the app and choose “lets’s pair” does it do nothing but reset back to “scan QR code” or “enter details manually”.

Like I said earlier - flaky app. So I’ve got the app working on one device and hoping that doesn’t fail in any way because then it looks like I’d have to trash my network and rebuild with default name just for an app to work.

if there is a workaround I’d be very interested because the web portal on the hub is less featured than the BT hub with little or no change allowed (eg device names which seems to be app only). 

Thanks in advance. 

0 REPLIES 0