cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract renewal

simongreaves
Explorer

Having recently re-negotiated by joint phones contract I'm alarmed to to receive today notice of a price increase of 7.9%. This is in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation published in January, plus 3.9%, according to your marketing blurb. Yes, but inflation in this country has been falling from a peak of 9.3 per cent in November 2022 and is expected by economists and analysts to fall further this year (especially in an election year following this month's budget). How the hell can you justify such an audacious increase? The inflation pressures reaching your bottom line are the same as those hitting your customers' pockets - this is a sure way to lose business long term. I'm glad I'm not a shareholder!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@simongreaves  because it’s based on Decembers CPI rate and 3.9% as per the contracts you agreed too.  It’s not based on what it might be in the future. 

simongreaves
Explorer

A disingenuous answer. By that logic you could peg it to the rate at any time in the past. 

An ingenious reply by @Chris_B  because it's the fact of the matter 😉

But they haven't! EE have pegged it for each year to the preceding Dec's CPI by contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)