cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I left EE and joined SMARTY

Sma2508
Visitor

I wanted to come on here and say that I have been a customer for as long as I can remember t mobile and orange. This year my contract ended after being spiked an additional £7 🙃. I was now paying £57 for a two year old handset which would not decrease unless I got in contact. This price is also in receipt of a 20% discount so would normally be much higher. 

I felt deflated, looking at new phones and contrac prices with EE were the same as new customers and were in the range of £80. 

Ive never really had an issue with EE, the phone works and so does the network but at this competitive time, leaving me with a staggering cost for an ageing handset with no onus on EE to reach out and offer any deals and a price increase every April just left me wondering why I kept handing over my money. 

Only after I called to end the contract and asked for a PAC code, I got a call from a lovely lady. She called saying she had some of the best deals to offer me and they were gooood! 

A sim only £15 a month for 12 month 150gb 

Or a s23 £44 a month. Again seemed like a bargain, but I was so disappointed that I had to go through this. Much like sky, I don't want to have to threaten to leave for you to have some competitive offers. 

And then I heard the voice of Karl Pilkinton. SMARTY mobile, a SIM only £12 a month for 100gb unlimited calls/text standard and it is on a rolling 30 day with no April contract price increase. It runs on the three network but I activated yesterday, pulled across my number today and it was fantastic. 

I'll also be looking at a raylo to get myself a new phone. Honestly... EE is doing little to keep you I'm so glad I left. 

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sma2508,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've chosen to move to another network.

You'll always be welcome back if we offer a plan that better suits your individual needs in the future.

James