cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told we had to take a free tablet to get a better sim only deal

America4
Investigator
Investigator

We were told a new deal had started yesterday.  If we took a free tablet we could save 10 pounds a month on our current monthly cost on a sim only deal.  Read through everything when we got home and this is not the case.  We will be paying 11pounds 70 a month. We said we didn't need a tablet and wouldn't use it.  

Feel that we have been treated really badly and made mugs of.  The shop was very noisy with a gentleman very loudly making a complaint.  We struggled to hear what the salesman was saying.  My husband has hearing loss.  We were assuared we would have all the same packages but this isn't the case.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @America4.

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I'd recommend taking this back to the store as soon as possible and explaining what has happened.

Please come back and let us know how you get on and we will help you further if needed.

Jon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @America4.

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I'd recommend taking this back to the store as soon as possible and explaining what has happened.

Please come back and let us know how you get on and we will help you further if needed.

Jon

America4
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, took your advice.  Not an easy visit but eventually the manager let us return it.  The sales person was a trainee and had not followed the procedure of itemising inside the booklet the cost of everything and verbally telling us.  Not just saying we would save 10 pounds a month.

Still annoyed as stuck for 2 years sim only plan we could have got a lot cheaper.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to let us know, @America4.

I'm glad they were able to organise the return of the tablet. Did you discuss cancelling the SIM with them too?

Chris

Hi, no told there was no cooling off period and we had signed.  Seems very unfair as you can get ee from another company cheaper.Sent from my Galaxy
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @America4,

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care Team to let them know. They'll do everything they can to help.

James