cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tmobile unlimited texts and data for life

John_yorks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, EE here. As the UK's best network, we're always making improvements - and now we're making some technical changes that will affect your current plan. So, you'll need to move to a new plan, and possibly a new device, by 15th January 2023

I've just received this text, I've been on an old tmobile payandgo deal that gives you unlimited data and texts for life 

You add £10 (which you get to keep)

And you receive unlimited texts and data the following month

Can anyone shed some light in this, is it realy the case that I will no longer benefit from this from January, that would be extremely disappointing after I've been on it for 21 years, 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What has changed now that didn't change previously was that previously EE moved you from a T-M PAYG plan to an EE 3G PAYG plan that retained the free calls & texts for the following month whenever you topped-up (which you get to keep). Now EE are closing all EE 3G plans & allowing you to either move to an ordinary EE PAYG plan, which doesn't have the aforementioned top-up benefit, or leave.

EE can do this as they are not obliged honour any T&C's for ever. All T&C's will contain the condition that the provider may change or remove any terms at any time with at least 30 days notice & if you don't accept them within that period then you may leave.

Incidentally a side effect of this change, as mentioned in the text, is that if you only have a 3G device you might need to go out & buy a 4G or 5G device in its place as the 3G network is being closed in the next year or 2. In fact this proposed closure has triggered this change in plans.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @John_yorks 

T-Mobile as a brand or services no longer exists. You'll need to move onto an EE PAYG SIM or pay monthly contract.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I was told that 3 or 4 years ago ,

My presumption is that when ee took over tmobile 6 or 7 years ago, my plan which is unlimited texts and data for LIFE, they're obliged to honour it for life, 

What has changed now that didn't apparently change 6 or 7 years ago and again 3 or 4 years ago, when a EE customer service operative explained that I can no longer be on my plan (it didn't happen) 

So your argument is flawed

What has changed now that didn't change previously was that previously EE moved you from a T-M PAYG plan to an EE 3G PAYG plan that retained the free calls & texts for the following month whenever you topped-up (which you get to keep). Now EE are closing all EE 3G plans & allowing you to either move to an ordinary EE PAYG plan, which doesn't have the aforementioned top-up benefit, or leave.

EE can do this as they are not obliged honour any T&C's for ever. All T&C's will contain the condition that the provider may change or remove any terms at any time with at least 30 days notice & if you don't accept them within that period then you may leave.

Incidentally a side effect of this change, as mentioned in the text, is that if you only have a 3G device you might need to go out & buy a 4G or 5G device in its place as the 3G network is being closed in the next year or 2. In fact this proposed closure has triggered this change in plans.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for that explanation, I guess I won't get an equivalent deal on payandgo

(unlimited texts and 2TB) for a £10 top up 

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

John_yorks
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm still on the same plan and I've been advised that I can still use it for as long as I want, the big but is 

As well as the unlimited texts I'll only be able to connect to a E signal which is as much use as a chocolate fireguard,

Each time I add £10 I get a text that I'll receive unlimited DATA and texts the following month, no mention of unlimited 3G

I've been on this tarrif for 23 years so obviously there was no 4G, at that time,

Isn't it nit picking that  because it was originally advertised as unlimited 3G, I can't be moved  to the best signal available when 3G shuts down next year and be moved to a 4G sim?