cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tmobile UK Lifetime Friends and Family Discount

StephenC71
Investigator
Investigator

I was working in Technical Support at T-Mobile (later EE etc) from 2008 till 2010. As a result I had received an employee discount of 50% for life in 2008 when I made my first pay monthly contract with T-Mobile. That was later changed to a 40% and then 30%, but it was still valid for life and had no issues every time I was upgrading my contract as I have always been a customer of T-Mobile/EE up until now.

I upgraded my plan online today and I received a text shortly after, saying that my Friends and Family discount was removed. We were told that we would receive a discount for life and I've never had any issues previously and I've always been open about being an ex-employee everytime I've called to upgrade over the past 12 years. Can someone advise if the terms of the discount have changed as I've never received any notification. I've cancelled my upgrade and started to look at other network's plans. Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@StephenC71   EE can remove any offer that was once given to you.   Just like they have reduced that discount over the years. F&F discount is now 30%.    What I recommend though if for you to call customer services to see if this can be reinstated. 

Hi Chris. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I spoke with billing a few hours ago but they said I shouldn't have the discount even though it was a lifetime discount. I appreciate that these things can be taken away but I would have thought I would have received notification from EE about this. I'll see if anyone from EE picks this up and confirm what the situation is. Thanks 👍 

Just realised that no one who works for EE actually picks up these posts. 

Chris, you're a legend 😀 Really appreciate your help on this. Hopefully I can get it sorted 👍

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Morning @StephenC71

Welcome to the community.

I've sent you a private message to try and get some help for you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

Sam_B
Visitor

Hi, @StephenC71 and @Christopher_G Sorry to resurrect an old post but I'm having the exact same problem having just upgraded and lost my lifetime T-mobile discount. 
Was this / how was this resolved for you in the end?

Thanks.
Sam

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sam_B 

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team? It could be something they're able to just add back on.

Chris

YasD
Visitor

i've just realised the same problem as well, was there ever any solution on this?

Had the discount since 2011 and upgraded every couple years and then suddenly just taken away,

Spoken to customer service and they were not helpful, wrote a deadlock letter and advised to go the ombudsman service.