cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party bar on my iphone

rjcham
Investigator
Investigator

I have a “third party bar” on my iPhone which stops me entering competitions etc . I have spoken to EE (eventually), and they say that I have not got a bar ! Any explanations or similar situations ?

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@rjcham : Have you tried texting UNBAR to 50?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have tried texting UNBAR several times but I always get the same reply " wer'e sorry but as you have a multi-line  account and we can't confirm that you are the account holder, we're unable to remove the third party bar for you".

I have spent some time on the phone speaking to an adviser, who said that he could not see a BAR on my phone.

I have also visited the local EE shop twice and they have not been able to do anything. The first time they sais they had removed the BAR, but they hadn't

Sorry, it have been UNBAR to 150.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @rjcham 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have a spend cap on your account? 

For details on checking this and increasing the limit, please see our How Do I Set Up and Manage Spend Cap? Help page. 

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne
No I don’t have a spend cap on my phone.
Rjcham
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @rjcham 

In this case, you would need to try calling us again and asking for this be fully looked into. If no bar is showing on your account this may need a support ticket raised by our tech guides. 

Leanne.