Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store upgrade cancellation

Roxy155
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I know there have been other topics around this, but I couldn’t find one that relates specifically to myself. I went into store and upgraded my phone. I was told on the day it was the best deal and wanted to go away to think about it but was persuaded to do it then otherwise i wouldn’t get this offer again. My phone and watch were to be delivered to store so i took nothing away. I went home and looked at my upgrade online, and actually on the EE app. It was cheaper than in-store. I went back to the store and explain the situation and that I wasn’t happy with it. I wanted to cancel my upgrade and they told me I wasn’t allowed to do this. After debating with the staff my position, I was told that if I don’t pick up my delivered items from the store and they are return to the warehouse police will automatically cancel my upgrade. The senior staff advised me of this and said that I might get a higher bill for the first month. The date to collect the watch has since gone, but I’ve received a message welcoming me to my watch and the phone has not yet been delivered to the store for me to collect. Is is what does staff said true about not collecting meaning cancellation of the upgrade or am I being told lies again? I’m really worried about the situation. I’ve been with EE since orange days. I thought I would receive better service please help. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Roxy155 

Welcome to the community.

Did you sign the contract when you were originally in-store or did you tell them you wanted to think about it first? Did you have a chat with the store manager when you were in?

Chris

Hi. Thank you for replying. I signed whilst in store on the first occasion. I read both paperwork for watch and phone and it states “ I understand if I change my mind about the device, I can return it (in its original condition), within 14 days of purchase, with proof of purchase for an exchange or refund and will be charged for any services used.” I have attached a picture showing this. I did confirm this with the advisor. 

On the occasion I went back I believe it was a senior team member but it was quite an aggressive encounter. When my husband requested paperwork to say that we cannot cancel the order (both still not delivered into store at this time) they said that the paperwork stated in-store orders cannot be cancelled. When we questioned this, the staff member said they will call security. My health wasn’t very well on this day so I said to my husband we will have to leave and come back another day. The only place that I can see with the terms that say that you cannot return products, but in-store is on the receipt which was attached later onto the paperwork given to me.

its all pre order. What can be done. I am really ipset with EE customer service. 

Thank you 

image.jpg

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thank you @Roxy155.

It may be easier for you to raise a complaint through our online web-form, as opposed to going back into the shop. They'll be able to open a complaint on your account and advise you further.

Chris

Thank you again. 

I am just worried my 14 days will be finished on the 18th of October as I went into store on the 4th of October 2023 and then I will have nothing for remediation. 

You don't have a 14-day cooling-off period when buying from an EE Store.

@Roxy155 wrote:

I understand if I change my mind about the device, I can return it (in its original condition), within 14 days of purchase, with proof of purchase for an exchange or refund

Your understanding is incorrect. That only applies to sales made by phone or online, not in person, by the statutory Distance Selling Regs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I think you have misunderstood this. I attached a photo of my signed paperwork that reads exactly this sentence. Please read the bold section bullet point number 7 that states this exact sentence.