cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone changed my address and ordered a new phone

kikimamama
Investigator
Investigator

Last night i received a text that i changed my address and I did not, I contacted EE via online chat to have it chnage and was informed there was pending ordering of iphone 14 to an address on station road. i tried to change mt address back, it changed to mind and was changed back to 57 station road and another order made. the customer rep claimed she rectfied it and it will take 24 hours to relfect in my account. First order was made 19:27 and second order 19:58 and i was still chatting with the rep. Now am scared if the rep was a fake too.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @kikimamama 

Change your EE password and the one attached to the email account you use (and add two stage authentication).

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kikimamama
Investigator
Investigator
Last night i received a text that i changed my address and I did not, I contacted EE via online chat to have it chnage and was informed there was pending ordering of iphone 14 to an address on station road. i tried to change mt address back, it changed to mind and was changed back to 57 station road and another order made. the customer rep claimed she rectfied it and it will take 24 hours to relfect in my account. First order was made 19:27 and second order 19:58 and i was still chatting with the rep. Now am scared if the rep was a fake too.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting in touch about this, @kikimamama.

I've replied to your private message.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I was able to get through with 150 and they cancelled both orders. Was really scary. 

Christopher_G

I'm glad you managed to get sorted, @kiimamama.

Did they explain what happened? 

Chris

Hi @kikimamama 

Change your EE password and the one attached to the email account you use (and add two stage authentication).

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

The said it was through my phon number. The person ordered two phones. One was pending last night so the customer care only cancelled the first one but they have cancelled the second one and escalated to their fraud team. It’s really scary. I use 12pro Max and the fraud ordered 14pro and pro max 512GB oh dear! 

Leanne_T

I am really sorry to hear this has happened, you have done the right thing calling us and reporting this @kikimamama

If you need any further help, please let us know. 

Leanne.

Phil177
Explorer

This also happened to me, people and EE need to be aware of this

IMG_5577.png

IMG_5578.jpeg

Leanne_T

Hi @Phil177 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you been in touch with our mobile care team on 150, to report the change of address text and make sure everything is correct on your account? 

Leanne.