cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed and harassed by EE

923rhngfl
Explorer

A while back I purchased a "roam abroad pass" that didn't work. After many useless calls to support, they decided to refund it as they couldn't get it to work. Since then I've cancelled my EE contract, and now EE is sending threatening letters to my address asking me to pay for this item that didn't work and was cancelled, saying that there was "no note of the refund".

Attached is the response I got from EE when I contacted them.

Purchasing from EE has got to be one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in my life. 

scam.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

That screenshot includes the name of an EE staffer so is unlikely to be approved for public view.

Given the content, if you remain unhappy with EE's response, you would be best asking for a deadlock letter in order to take your complaint to ADR.

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/complaints-code-of-practice-june-2019.pdf 

923rhngfl
Explorer

A while back I purchased a "roam abroad pass" that didn't work. After many useless calls to support, they decided to refund it as they couldn't get it to work. Since then I've cancelled my EE contract, and now EE is sending threatening letters to my address asking me to pay for this item that didn't work and was cancelled, saying that there was "no note of the refund".

Purchasing from EE has got to be one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in my life.