cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robbing terms at customers' disadvantage

cuongthanhtri
Explorer
I had a 24-month contract with EE limited before which came to an end in 2018. However, the company illegally kept charging me even when the contract had finished. Later when I got a letter from Lowell reminding me to pay I was so surprised and contacted EE. They told me that they would only stop charging me if I had called them before to tell them that I would want to stop, something I and a lot of other customers were never aware of (the contract had to automatically come to an end after the period specified in the contract). 

I was not aware of that robbing arrangement and then there had been a lot of changes to my personal circumstance – I moved to a new address as I got a new job and I stopped banking with my previous banks. This was the reason why I did not see any latter correspondence from EE. If I had received it, I would not have wasted my time arguing with that robbing company and would have paid the balance straightaway.
3 REPLIES 3
cuongthanhtri
Explorer
The problem is that when they transferred a balance of £91.95 to you, this has been recorded in my credit file (at Experian) as a default. Can you please correct the information with Lowell so that the default can be removed from my credit report? The balance was not due to my inability to pay since I have always got a good job and a strong financial situation. Thank you very much.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

These mobile contracts don't automatically come to an end after the min. period specified in the contract. It's in the T&C's you agreed to.

These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel or upgrade.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

See How does EE use my credit file information?

How do I query my credit file?

There are 3 ways to query something on your credit file;

1. Via email to us

Orange, T-Mobile and EE – crqueries@ee.co.uk

2. Via a credit reference agency

Experian – experian.co.uk

Call Credit – callcredit.co.uk

3. Send a letter to our credit referrals team

Credit Referrals Team

EE

6 Camberwell Way

Doxford Park

Sunderland

SR3 3XN

Please ensure you provide all of the following details in order for us to review your query:

• Your full name
  • Your address including postcode
  • A contact telephone number
  • As much detail around your query as possible
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)