cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reducing monthly bill

nickamm
Visitor

Dear Sir madam I am struggling with pay all my bills and I live with my 3 kids and my cost of bills is to high my ee phone bill is gone up by 146 pounds per month is there anyway they can reduce my money so I can save 

6 REPLIES 6
nothingaboutme0
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Good Afternoon @nickamm,

Sorry to hear about you having financial issues.

1. Review Your Plan: Understanding what's included in your plan is crucial. Check if you are paying extra for services not covered by your plan. For example, photo messages might incur additional charges if they are not included in your plan.

2. Data Usage: Monitor your data usage, as activities like streaming videos, running apps in the background, and using navigation can consume significant data. EE provides alerts when you've used 80% of your data and again when it runs out, ensuring there are no hidden charges.

3. Spend Cap: Consider setting up a Spend Cap to limit usage outside your monthly allowance. This can help you control costs related to services like roaming and photo messaging.

4. Digital Home Phone Costs: If you're using EE's Digital Home Phone service, check for any extra charges for calls made outside your plan. You can use the EE app or their website to review your plan and explore extras that might help reduce spending.

5. Contact EE for Support: If you're struggling with payments, it's important to contact EE as soon as possible. They can offer support and potentially make your payments more manageable.

6. Seek Independent Debt Advice: There are free, independent debt advice services that can provide confidential advice and help find solutions suited to your circumstances. Organizations like National Debt Line, StepChange Debt Charity, and Citizens Advice offer such services.

For more detailed information and assistance, you can visit EE's official pages on reducing bills and managing spending and financial support.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@nickamm  You need to speak with customer services about this.      Please read THIS     

@nothingaboutme0   What’s data usage got to do with this ?    What has digital home phone contracts got to do with this. ?  

Chris, I've already outlined the reasons. It's important to remember that in this context, there are no definitive right or wrong answers. What matters most is ensuring that the information you provide to the community is accurate and helpful.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Contractually, you agreed to pay your monthly subscription for at least the minimum term. I would assume there are additional costs on your bill in excess of your plan - have you identified what those are for?

You certainly need to contact EE CS ASAP if you're having financial difficulties, they have access to your individual account and can advise further. This forum can give general advice on checking your bill to identify the reasons for your additional spending.

https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/financial-support/i-cant-pay-my-bill 

@Chris_B : That user is putting out sweeping boilerplate replies to practicably every OP all over the place that do not actually address their issues.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)