cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase

Jill_e
Investigator
Investigator

I took out a new contract mid February and was made aware the the imminent increase of charges which had resulted in an extra £4 per month. However, E E are still offering the tariff at the pre increase price. Surely if prices need to be increased it should be done across the board therefore the tariff would also have increased. If I’d waited a few weeks I would have got the new contract at the original price and, it is offering 6 months at half price. Therefore I am feeling a little grieved that I could have saved myself £108 over the next twelve months if I’d waited.

6 REPLIES 6
Jill_e
Investigator
Investigator

I took out a new contract mid February and was made aware the the imminent increase of charges which had resulted in an extra £4 per month. However, E E are still offering the tariff at the pre increase price. Surely if prices need to be increased it should be done across the board therefore the tariff would also have increased. If I’d waited a few weeks I would have got the new contract at the original price and, it is offering 6 months at half price. Therefore I am feeling a little grieved that I could have saved myself £108 over the next twelve months if I’d waited.

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Jill_e wrote, - However, E E are still offering the tariff at the pre increase price. Surely if prices need to be increased it should be done across the board therefore the tariff would also have increased.

No, a Tariff Annual Price Increase is exactly that, a Current Plan Price is exactly that, the two are not related.

You are correct, had you had waited a till after the Price Increase then your Plan would have been cheaper (until the next Annual Price Increase). but lets say for arguments sake that you have taken out a 24 Month Contract and your Contract started in February before the Price Increase, then your going to be hit with  2 lots of Price Increases (April 2023 and April 2024), but had you have waited to after the Price Increase your still going to be hit with 2 lots of Price Increases during your Contract Period (April 2024 and April 2025).

I understand I would have incurred the increase in April 2024 but I would be ending my contract in April 2025 therefore could renew with a new  offer and only pay one full years of the annual increase. I know so I cannot do anything, it’s  just a bit annoying..

HFC28
Visitor

I’ve just read this information from the CEO of Ofcom about mid contract price increases.

“Our tougher protections would ban this practice once and for all, giving customers the clarity and certainty they need to secure the best deal for their needs and budget.”

@HFC28   this thread is from April 2023 so not applicable to what’s been said about price increases in 2024.       If you feel the need to post start your own thread not just latch on to someone else’s from almost a year ago. 

Yes, @HFC28 . Beyond 2024 annual price increases will be in £s & ps as mandated by Ofcom.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)