cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is closing

Crusader1956
Investigator
Investigator

Just inserted my new EE SIM. £6 month deal as plus net suggested as they are closing soon. Set up the EE app and sent PAC code to keep old number...however on the billing it says I owe £56!!!!! Not even made a call yet **bleep**! Any ideas greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Crusader1956 

Welcome to the EE Community,

the £50 charge is more than likely a £50 deposit for roaming if you don't wish to use roaming call customer services on 150 and they will be able to remove it for you.

Thanks,

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Crusader1956 

Welcome to the EE Community,

the £50 charge is more than likely a £50 deposit for roaming if you don't wish to use roaming call customer services on 150 and they will be able to remove it for you.

Thanks,

David

Crusader1956
Investigator
Investigator
Wow thanks David thank you for your prompt reply. 
Best regards G
doug78
Visitor

I have a similar problem in that I also applied for the £6 deal (5Gb) and my bill is £25 a month on direct debit!

I have spoken to EE customer services  and they don't seem to know why I'm being charged £25

They said they would investigate and ring me back but have yet to do so.

Their excuse was that they would have to listen to the  call centre recording to find out what was said.

This seems a poor excuse as I clearly signed up to the £6 deal that is on the EE website but only accessible to Plusnet customers.

Staring to wish I had transferred to another provider as it's been nothing but hassle dealing with EE

How can I resolve the payment problem?

Crusader1956
Investigator
Investigator
I figure you have a cooling off period , so may be wise to shop around and then cancel ,unless they sort it promptly. I managed to cancel the extra £50 which was for roaming charges and in case I legged it abroad. Otherwise ,I am satisfied, so maybe wait and see what they do ?