Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner separation

Mazarata2023
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

Split up from my partner years ago, we had one account with both numbers under my name. He no longer lives locally, and We have no contact with one another.

I wish to separate the numbers so that I only pay for mine and not his and he can pay for his.

There must be a way of doing this without both of us being present.

Can I sign something to give him permission to transfer into his name and then he can call EE with his debit card information?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to call CS to effect a change of ownership. CS will give you a password for him to quote when he calls, which you will need to pass to him somehow. He will need to pass a credit check & then will be paying for his own contract. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to call CS to effect a change of ownership. CS will give you a password for him to quote when he calls, which you will need to pass to him somehow. He will need to pass a credit check & then will be paying for his own contract. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Mazarata2023 

You could just cancel his line if they are both under your name. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks, but he still needs it. Surely there must be a simple way of transferring a number into someone else’s name?

Ah perfect! Ok that can be done! Thank you

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You could text your ex a PAC and tell them they have 30 days to transfer it or the number will be cancelled instead?

@chistery   That would than result in the contract having to be paid off it’s it’s still within the contract period.  Ie the account holder will have to pay that fee if the number is ported.  

But will they be able to do that without me being present for authorisation anyway? Think the password thing is probably the easiest.

-thank you though!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mazarata2023 

Our mobile care team will be happy to help if you call us on 150 and let the team know you are happy for the account to be taken over for their number and they will be calling separately to complete the transfer. They will go through everything with you and let you know what is needed 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.