cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpayment since changing phone

Chrislloyd09
Explorer

Hi

Upgraded my phone in 2019 but it wasn't done correctly and so I  have been paying circa £40 extra a month since then. I called ee today and despite overpaying over 2k extra they have offered me £120!  I have refused and they are going to call me to discuss further.  I  know I can go to the ombudsman but would be interested to hear from others 

Thanks 

Chris 

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chrislloyd09   Not knowing your situation on why you’ve been over charged and why you’ve left it this long you’ll have to wait till you get a call back. 

Only just spotted it as we have several phones with ee.

I upgraded my phone and they never removed the old one.

@Chrislloyd09   If it was an upgrade then the account takes on the new device/tariff.    If you just took out a new contract then the original contract remains and you have a 2nd line on your account.   This sounds like you just took out a new contract and it wasn’t an upgrade.   If that is the case then EE don’t owe you anything.    But as there is no EE account access from here I’m only speculating that is what you have done.     This will be looked in too fully to see what you actually did do.  

It was definitely an upgrade because that's what I always do.  If they didn't do it right surely they should give me my money back?

They have agreed it was an upgrade 

@Chrislloyd09 , why did you not check your bill to see what you were paying? You would have spotted the error, the same as bank accounts etc, customers should keep a check on things, no matter how many devices you have on your account , you should have noticed this before now, not sure whether you will be able to claim it all, as it is also up to you to keep an eye on things, and yes, I do this all the time, as it is certainly normal for me. 

Companies can make a mistake, they are only human, who work there, and would have rectified it straight away, had you notice it sooner, but good luck.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.