My number

Walter93
Investigator
Investigator

I've changed phones . Stayed with EE however my contacts can't see my original number which I'm keeping 

11 REPLIES 11
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Walter93 , did you order an upgrade? If that is the case, did you put your original SIM card in the phone?

If you did not do an upgrade, and it was a new contract, or pay as you go, and there was a new SIM card, then that is probably why no-one can see your original number.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
I've spoken to EE
They transferred all my details over also my original number. The new sim
shows my number however my phone doesn't ring when they call . I also text
and they replied asking who I am.
I'm at a loss what to do

@Walter93 , not sure what phone you have, but I would suggest you go to settings, about and take a look what number is showing up, as it looks like it may have a different number.

Have you rebooted your phone?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
It's an A34 . The new sim shows my old number .
Ee said it was all sorted .
Should I put my old sim in too ? Will that work with 2 sim cards ?
I did shut it down.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you purchased your chosen new phone as an upgrade, it may have come with a "spare" SIM incase your current one wasn't working or didn't fit.

There was no need to use that new SIM, but just swap your existing SIM from your old phone to your new phone - your number would have transferred as a matter of course. If your new phone came with a new SIM and you've activated it, you will need to use that instead, you can't have 2 SIMs with the same number.

What is it that you've done so far?

Yes I have the new sim in my phone . It shows a different number . On the
EE app my old number shows on my plan . That's confusing ?
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When you say "it" shows a different number, what is "it" exactly?

An upgrade is changing your phone but keeping your number - so if your old number shows on your myEE account, that is correct.

' it ' is the new sim in my new phone .
If I put my old sim in the message says emergency only

@Walter93 , I would suggest you ring customer service in the morning and speak to them, they can take a look for you,