cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Account Shut Down Abroad and Cannot Reach EE

schri0
Investigator
Investigator

I'll start by putting my hands up here and saying I'm at fault for not paying my phone bill - have been meaning to establish direct debits; however, with traveling I would just use the service on 360 to pay monthly.

I've been traveling again for the last few weeks and didn't pay my bill while away. Now I'm back to Europe (not in UK) and there is no way for me to get a hold of EE. All of my lines have been shut off and I cannot call 360 or 150 despite receiving SMS from EE telling me to call 360 to pay my bill. There is no chat available and none of the 0800 numbers available work since my phone plan has been completely shut down. Also, when logging into my account, it prompts me to link a plan / device to my account and when I try to do so it tells me I need to come into a store to show my ID. I'm in Spain until end of January - what can I do to get my bill paid and my account back up?

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@schri0 : Try using Fast Pay online to pay by UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no. & it doesn't remember your card details.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@schri0   How many missed payments have you got ?  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

When a phone is suspended in the UK, there is an outbound call redirect put inplace so any call attempt redirects to 150.

If you have received an SMS abroad, you must have had a local network connection.

I thought it was the case as well; however unfortunately when calling 150 or 360 it tells me calls from this phone have been restricted. 

Just this one

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Did you try the fast payment link @XRaySpeX shared, @schri0?

James

I've tried - Fastpay seems to be geo-locked for Egypt? When trying to register it doesn't allow me to change the country code from Egypt. I'm in Spain, my sim card is UK EE and my Apple account is US based. Any other ideas?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @schri0 

Are you using a VPN? 

Can you try another web browser? 

Leanne.