Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends & Family discount with flex play

ianianian1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello EE team,

I am just upgrading online to an iPhone 15 pro max. I've currently got a 30% friends and family discount addon applied which I've had for the past couple of years.

Online it is only showing as the 30% discount being applied to the airtime and not to the flexpay part of the upgrade. 

Is this correct? Previously (on my current plan) the f&f discount is applied to both the handset cost and the airtime.

Do I perhaps need to call up to get my plan upgraded to the iPhone 15 so the discount applied to the handset as well as the airtime cost?

Many thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ianianian1 

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

Please give us a call on 150 and the team will go through the available options for you to upgrade with the friends and family discount. 

Leanne 🙂

Fordy62
Investigator
Investigator

It’s evident that EE are trying to fleece us for yet more money now with this flex pay business. 

They’ve even hidden the option to have a non flex pay handset on their website. I believe the only way to now do it is to call 150. The UK’s greediest network is getting greedier. 

tporter95
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - Has this been resolved for you? I am in a similar boat. Thanks

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tporter95 

Welcome to the community.

The Friends and Family discount only applies to the airtime part of your contract.

Chris