cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill -I thought billing was in advance!

RT42
Investigator
Investigator

I’m so confused. My switch to my new provider was finalised on 30th November. I had my usual EE billing text on 1st Dec telling me that they would take my bill as usual. I assumed it would be the small early contract end fees on two of the lines I had switched. As I couldn’t access my bills online anymore-don’t get me started on that! I phoned ee customer services as I was advised to on here-thank you! I asked for the billing amount and it’s for my full monthly charges as usual. I questioned this as I was sure that we pay in advance for services on a mobile contract-as in the payment taken at the beginning of November is for usage in November, then any extra charges from November will be added to the payment in December which also covers December’s charges. I’m sure I paid in advance of usage when joining. But I was told this morning that the money taken in December will be for my November usage! But I’ve already paid my new provider for December usage in advance. And now it seems I’m still expected to pay EE too. This doesn’t seem right at all. Can someone please advise? I switched to save money and now I’m paying more this month than I ever have because I’m paying for two contracts!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RT42,

You'll receive a final bill in the post within 14 days of your transfer date.

This will include a refund for any line rental paid in advance that you didn’t use.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RT42
Investigator
Investigator

And of course I can’t check my previous bills to see if I usually pay in advance as I didn’t save them as I had no idea that they would disappear from an account I can still sign into but which is now useless!

James_B

Hi @RT42,

You'll receive a final bill in the post within 14 days of your transfer date.

This will include a refund for any line rental paid in advance that you didn’t use.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

Thank you for your reply. At the moment EE have taken a full normal payment this month while I’m no longer using their services. Would any refund be automatically processed in the 14 days you mentioned? And will the final bill automatically now be posted out as I can’t access them online now?

Thanks!

Christopher_G

Yes, the refund should automatically be processed when the account is closed and be sent back into your bank account within 14 days, @RT42 

Chris