cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE illegally has extended my contract into monthly sim despite my cancellation

carmamir
Contributor
Contributor

As per terms and conditions I have let know EE between 45 and 30 days that I do not wish to be moved to the monthly sim plan as they overcharging me by 3x times what Three.

Despite a confirmation received on their chat (I have the whole conversation recorded plus their useless team member has confirmed on a chat now that they had that request) they tried to fraud me and moved me into a monthly sim plan.

Several days ago I've made a complaint and Today I've received information that my complaint was closed, however, beside the complaint number there is no way to check the content or outcome of a complaint.

As I am taking legal actions against EE in order to get paid for the time that I've lost on this and all damages as per current legislation, I need to know what is the outcome before I can send a complaint to Ofcom and then sue them for all costs...

How to check that complaint??? Their stuff doesn't work on a chat, the text message doesn't say where I can check it, there is no email and Google shows nada.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

A court judge will generally expect you to exhaust all non-legal avenues before resorting to court action, which generally means taking your unresolved complaint to ADR first. EE subscribe to Ombudsman Services, which you can escalate to if you have a deadlock letter or 8weeks have elapsed from first complaint.

There are full details at https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/complaints-code-of-practice-june-2019.pdf & https://www.commsombudsman.org/raise-dispute/ee 

Ofcom don't accept individual customer complaints, they do expect you to follow EE's complaints process first.

@carmamir   It’s 30 days to give notice to terminate the contract and you can upgrade from 45 days.  if you’re changing into a Sim only or pay as go you have to see out the full term of your contract before the Sim or PAYG will start,  if you upgrade to a full device contract that will supersede your existing contract.    Your contract length is 24 months and you agreed to see out the full term when you took out the contract. 

How Do I Cancel My Contract with EE?

How do I cancel my contract without switching provider?

If you're not switching to another provider, you can request a standard disconnection.

You'll be required to provide at least 30 days notice,

Good to know:

You can request the cancellation of your contract with us a maximum of 45 days before the end of your minimum term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)