cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Ripping Customers off level 10000

Disappointedman
Investigator
Investigator

Before I start this I would like to thank John from the telesales for all the information and taking my complaints without getting annoyed. 

Know I am surprised by how EE is taking benefit of customers to a point that is sickening. I will never ever refer EE to any of my friends and family. I have 2 phones along with the sims on contract. The first phone’s contract ended in May 2023 but like most people I didnt check. I used to sell BT broadband and while I was selling it I always informed them that they would receive a call/email before the contract ends. So when I bought the phone what was told to me was that after the contract ends the sim would go to a rolling contract. This sounded reasonable but no what they meant was I would keep on paying for the phone as well even if I have paid it off completely. So i ended up paying £140!!! EXTRA. Is this a joke! When I enquired about how are they gonna compensate me for the unethical way they stole my money the answer was that they have team of lawyers just for this. I am a loyal customer and I pay close to £200 every month for the last year and half.  If this is how business is done here than this is pathetic.
I should have been compensated and Now I will be compensated. 
This is far from over as I will know post this to every news channel or journalist or influencer along with proof so that the UK population never fall into rabbit whole and people know how cheap and cunning this tactic is 

I will post and comment on every ad, campaign, social media post  or video and tell people the truth of what happened to me. Every post and I mean every post  to both people who are listening and also who don't want to listen because this is insane. I would never want this to happen to anyone or god forbid someone is in a tough spot and this might happen to them.  I’ll try my level best so that people are not taken advantage of and if that mean EE doesn’t sell mobile anymore than thats even better

I will be the bane of EE’s existence. I will be compensated for the money that was stolen from me or you will lose more than just £140 because I will not stop posting this on every page linked with EE may that be influencers or Facebook page or community pages.  

Do the right thing and compensate me or I start doing what I told you. I am a marketing manager by profession so I know how to make you lose more that £140. Plus I want an apology from EE for this 1 star experience.

Regards,

Disappointedman 

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months. You may always choose to upgrade your contract to a cheaper SIM-Only contract from the last 45 days of your contract term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

As a "loyal customer" you should know the situation with your contract as @XRaySpeX has correctly said.

Good luck with your demands of EE, but maybe consider how some of the threats/liable you make in your post look as they undermine the general valid points you have to make. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Particular network operators do make a marketing point of having airtime & device contracts separated which is one resolution to this issue, and is likely where the market will head over time.

But it's common knowledge, and well documented in your T&Cs, that EE's standard contracts don't work this way. EE is not the only operator to structure their contracts in this fashion - hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at least you are now more aware for the future.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Disappointedman   Sounds like you didn’t read the contract at what happens when you reach the minimum term and you’re not taking responsibility for that.    The contract did change to a 30 day rolling contract as you was told and you have freely admitted that.     You can complain all you like but the issue does at the end of the day lie with you for not understanding the contract that you agreed to and what happens when you reach the minimum term.       

I agree that the way I articulated this message was harsh and the reason behind this I bought the phone by receiving a call from EE themselves and if they could tell me that the sim would go on a rolling contract but not put emphasis on the fact that this would also include my phone. I am more concerned on that fact that you dont find this as an ethical or moral issue. Your literally charging me for something that has been paid in full. This could be a single mother whose having difficulty putting food on the table and you would just take the money from the account by stating she should have read the T & Cs. This is not even a moral dilemma its UNETHICAL. I am disappointed at how the conversation isn’t focusing around how deceiving this actually is. 

Not at all. My wife bought a phone at the same time as me but they didn't kept charging her £80( for just her phone) after her contract ended. You can’t justify your (not you but the company) action based on other people or companies. I’m surprises this unethical strategy is not concerning factor as this is the worst form of deception.

@Disappointedman   Again it’s on the contract that you agreed to on what would happen at the minimum term.    Your complaint is about the contract that you agreed to but didn’t understand. 

If you take out a contract now with EE you do have a separate air time and device tariff, but when you took this out it wasn’t like that. 

So technically you’re saying it’s completely ok to use unethical and immoral strategies to deceive a person for financial means as long as everything is in the T &Cs. I mean you might be the type of person who is okay with these strategies but i am not. The reason I’m writing this is so that other people dont get trapped and taking to social media is just a way of making sure I reach as many people as possible so that they can see what happened to me, who did it and learn from it. Just for the sake of putting this out their everything i said including my first post has nothing to with either customer service or anyone working their. I appreciate everyone who replied to the post and I thank you all of you. 

@Disappointedman wrote:

unethical and immoral strategies

That's purely subjective!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)