cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about insurance for my devices

pereucho78
Investigator
Investigator

I took out an 11 month plan with EE along with my phone contract... and paid for EE FULLCOVER AND DAMAGE insurance. My question is the insurance and for both devices the only one of them in specific...? because I don't know what device the insurance belongs to. 

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

State your question.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pereucho78 

If you have two phones, you would need to have separate insurance cover for each.

Chris

Hi.. sorry for mistake im.not write wich device is one laptop samsung and mobile samsung too... but when make insurance ... im make full cover and damage.... but there dont said for 1 device or both... im pay £14.99 monthly... the situation is unfortunately im damage screen laptop... and the person phone said is no cover... but how... if im still pay monthly...

James_B

Hi @pereucho78,

Your policy would be specific to one device (your phone in this case), rather than all devices on your EE account.

James

Well, I have noticed well in the contract, even in the monthly payment receipt, the insurance payment is after the telephone price after the accessory plan value in this case laptop and in the insurance section it only says total protection.... it doesn't say which device it is. but in any case I think if I bought a laptop expense with EE... while it is being paid monthly there must be some protection with insurance... because if my laptop is stolen or I stop paying... in that case EE will be left with the perjuic? I don't think so... so why if I'm paying for a service... am I not entitled to protection... in case this happens to the client? 

Christopher_G

Hi @pereucho78 

You'll have a manufacturer warranty for the laptop, that would cover faults, within the terms of that service. For additional cover (loss/stolen/damage), you could look to other, non-EE insurers or check if it would be covered under your home insurance.

Chris