cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract and signal

gfunk34
Visitor

Hi I'm astounded that ee can put my contract up by 7 pounds a month more than what I agreed initially but the service has become worse than ever,my signal is terrible at the moment and I've been here since the days of orange 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gfunk34 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about your signal problems. When you put your postcode into our coverage checker and hit 'check status', does it say if we're aware of any problems in your area?

Our pay monthly contracts are subject to a yearly price change.

Chris

Doge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have been with EE for many years and always found coverage to be great but the last 12 months have been terrible. SO bad I am waiting for the end of my contract so I can leave EE.

I have been at places where I never had a problem with signal before and now I can barely get a bar. Recently I have had to use other people's phones as hotspots to be able to use the web browser on my phone.  

The coverage checker is not real, I've had conversations recently about the signal labelling for my area. "The data is based on a computer model of the masts and does not take into account buildings or terrain". They actually said I should not go by what it states!  I have been using the OpenSignal app to check and report the real coverage and EE is not the best in my area using real people's phones to measure it. I cannot wait to switch to a better network.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Doge 

The coverage map is an estimate of the expected coverage. The coverage in an area can be affected by a number of different variables, including terrain and building materials.

If you've previously had good signal in an area that you no longer do, we'd recommend hitting the 'check status' button on the coverage checker which allows you to check if we're aware of any problems, and let's you report one if we're not already aware. It's also worth having a chat with our technical support team so they can check the performance of the masts on our internal systems.

Chris