Charges.

Sg00
Investigator
Investigator

Since getting a new deal in March, I must say I've learned alot. 

I got charged £1.50 for an esim delivery which was done using a QR code and a download of say a few mbits. Probably no more than a web page. i read somewhere that I have to contact EE to inform them that I didn't opt for the letter version? Why is there a automatic charge for the download version?

I recently returned from holiday. Before I left, I switch on roaming and activated the roaming pass . I received a txt message informing me I will be charged £10 a month as expected. Service was good and seemless between countries in Europe. 

When I returned I switched off the roam abroad pass (16 March) and received information that my pass would be removed from 27th April. I Started the pass on the 27 March. 

I received my April bill toady and I have 2 charges. I was expecting 1, the £10 roam aboard pass. First charge was for roam pass at £10.65? Why the extra pence seems odd and the second charge is £4.50 for the pass again but for the new service starting on the 18th April? I don't understand this charge. 

Sorry for the rant. 

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sg00 

Thanks for coming here. 

The Roam Abroad Pass is charged pro rata from the day this is added you will be charged the full monthly charge and any days after the billing date until you cancel. 

If you would like to discuss the charge for the eSIM please call us on 150. 

Leanne. 

Thanks Leane,

I had the roam aboard pass from the 27th of March. My billing cycle is 18th of the month. I should pay for 1  month service? The cost in March for the pass was £10 including vat, new price is £15 including vat. I've been charged £10.65+£4.50=£15.15? For essentially 21 days use. Technically I've payed more than the new advertised price. The txt message I received stated £10 for 30 days. 

Just so confusing...

Out of interest and if you know, in what scenario would be a single charge of £10 be billed?

Thanks

Katie_B

Hi @Sg00

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The best way to get this checked would to be speaking with our customer care team on 150 who have a account access and can view your bill. 

Please be sure to keep us updated on your extra charges. 

Katie

Sorry typo in original post of "(16 March)" should have been "(16 April)". 21 days from activation to deactivation. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Sg00 

Thanks for the update, please give us a call on 150 and the team will be happy to get this looked into for you. 

Leanne 🙂

Sg00
Investigator
Investigator

Just phones ee this morning. 

First off, I just wanted to say that the member of staff who assisted me was awesome. I would say her name but unsure of forum rules.

Staff have issued a refund for £1.50 (esim) and £4.50 (roam pass). 

ee's billing practices in my opinion are bad and these charges prove it. How many people get caught with these dark pattern type charges god only knows. Unfortunately I couldn't be given a reason for the £4.50 charge, this leads me to believe that ee's service charges are so complex with dates, times, tariffs and contracts that no-one at ee can keep up. 

It also turns out that when I removed the roam abroad pass add-on using the app, It didn't actually remove it according to staff!?

IMG_7244.PNG

I hope this helps others who have similar issues in future and thanks to the community members with their assistance, much appreciated.

cheers.

Sg00
Investigator
Investigator

Just want to add that the 4.50 charge was not the result off app issue. I was still within the billing and 30 days of the pass.

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Sg00 

Have a lovely day. 

Leanne.

Umiamz
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Just received my latest bill and I've also been charged £1.50 for an eSIM digital download. It clearly states that there is a charge of £1.50 to be sent a printed copy of the QR code but no charge for digital download.

This shouldn't still be happening but I'll call 150 in the morning and get it refunded.