cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change direct debit details

keith1949
Explorer

As I am closing the bank account which I normally pay my bill by DD, today I changed my direct debit details on my account, with the new bank account details. At the time I assumed the changes took place. However, I just checked and they have gone back to what they were before.

Therefore, how do I know when the changes have taken place? There's no indication there's got to be a batch run to carry out the update or any warning there will be a (24 hour?) delay before my account is up to date with the new details. It's an easy enough change to put the warning there and to make to the website isn't it?

So, how do I get confirmation that the change will be/has been made ready for the 28th October 2022? Because the website doesn't seem to be able to tell me!

10 REPLIES 10
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @keith1949.

I would suggest speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can double check this for you. Usually when you do it on the website it changes on there straight away.

Chris

Many thanks for that Christopher_G. I have now resolved by talking directly to billing & payments. All solved within a few minutes. They couldn't understand why I couldn't do it all myself using the system. As an aside, I did get get in touch with EE via a chat before telephoning and they also couldn't understand why I couldn't change details. They even confirmed they could see where I had put in the details correctly, only for them to disappear shortly afterwards. Really odd. Thanks again Christpher G.

Keith

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted, @keith1949.

I'm glad your Mobile Care team were able to help.

Jon

Dhruvi2
Visitor

Hi how to change my direct debit

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Dhruvi2.

You can change this in your My EE Account online.

If you're unable to do this, our Customer Care team can help you further.

Jon

Sara10597
Visitor

Hello, how can I change my bank account detail, I cant do it in my ee

@Sara10597 : You can change your bank details under Bills & Payments > Manage Direct Debit.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Olabisi-dosumu
Visitor

Hello morning how can i change my bank details 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Olabisi-dosumu,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

To update your direct debit details in My EE, please go to Menu > Bills and payments > Direct Debit.

Hope this helps.

James