cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change contract.

Overpriced04
Investigator
Investigator

Future charges are unbelievable. I will not be renewing my contract. 30+ years with orange and EE. And I’ve never been so let down by the abuse of contract to hike up the charges. 

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Overpriced04 : You can't downgrade to a cheaper plan mid-term, but only in your upgrade window from 45 days before end of term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Overpriced04  if you’ve been with EE this long, then you would’ve got a price increase last year and the year before etc etc etc.    this isn’t the first time it’s happened and it’s part of the contract you agreed too, it’s in the T&Cs 

Overpriced04
Investigator
Investigator

This price increase is much higher than I expected. Making EE poor value for money. 

@Overpriced04   The  price increase is set by Decembers CPI rate that EE have no control over.    There is also 3.9% added on top of that making it 7.9% in total.    It’s better than lasts years increase that was 14.9%. And the year before that at 10.4%.     Vodafone and 3 are just the same and if 02 are anything like last year they’ll be higher still.   Last year they were 17+%.   

Overpriced04
Investigator
Investigator

So your saying suck it up?

There is a case for the straw that broke the donkeys back. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Annual price increases are commonplace across the telecoms industry with few exceptions. Be sure to thoroughly research potential alternative providers, that their annual price-rise policy is acceptable, alongside their network & service in all the areas you'll be using your phone.

The +3.9% concept is accepted by Ofcom, the industry regulator.

@bristolian wrote:

The +3.9% concept is accepted by Ofcom, the industry regulator.

Until now! When they are planning to get rid of it to be replaced by contractual increases that are to be specified in £s & ps from the start.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)