cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware when upgrading on line

gorgeroth
Visitor

I upgraded my wife's phone approximately 2 years ago, And according to EE I mistakenly ordered the new phone as an extra handset iwas completely unaware of this and it wasn't till i looked at a paper bill that I realized that for the last 2 years I have been billed for 3 phone numbers, I contacted EE thinking that this would be a simple refund situation ,First of all EE said that my account has been hacked and put me through to the fraud dept. who said that the would look into the situation, Today i received a phone call from EE and they offered me 6 months refund I was somewhat shocked by this and said that i wouldn't be satisfied until i received a full refund for the unused phone number, they flatly refused and said that if I wasn't happy to take my complaint to the ombudsman. so basically EE have charged me over £500 for something that A has never been used , B was ordered by mistake. by offering me 6 months refund EE have admitted that A mistake has been made it doesn't matter who made that mistake(EE have provided me with no proof)and legally EE may be right but morally they are massively wrong they make millions out of our custom and when someone genuinely makes an error they should give a full refund I am so disappointed by their attitude to to this and will be taking this to the ombudsman and Ofcom - you & yours - martin lewis - watchdog-trading standards and if necessary my MP i feel i have been treated most unfairly.

has any one else had this problem ?

1 REPLY 1
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @gorgeroth,

Personally I would take the 6 month refund as soon as they offered it. They do not have to refund you anything at all - especially as you've been paying it for 12 months without question...

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM