cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for an old contract. No comunication from EE

LaurenCx1
Visitor

Really unhappy with EE at the moment.

I had a slightly large bill the end of 2021. Which was paid off monthly and was informed via phone call that after this was paid my line would be disconnected/closed.

I received a threatening letter in the post saying final reminder and that i have an outstanding bill for £105! Since i didnt have any clue what this was about i contacted EE via live chat and was told that i missed 2 months bills this year?! Even though i havent used this phone since last year (start of 2022) and my contract ended August 2022. Further more i have had no contact AT ALL from EE to say they were keeping this contract open! All i had was a final reminder letter (When i never had a letter to begin with)

Im now going back and fourth on live chat and it looks like a losing battle. So now with cost of living stresses i am going to  be paying £100 for a service EE can clearly see i have NOT used. Absolutley disgusting from them and to be honest i feel like i have been scammed.

I am going to switch to a new network provider as i feel EE are just going to rob me of money for services i didnt know about or have not used. A formal complaint will be made. 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months. The fact that you have not used the phone was up to you. You are still in a contract for EE to provide mobile services to you for which you are obliged to pay.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LaurenCx1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team on 07953 966 150. The Team will be able to review any agreements made with our collections team in the past and let you know where you stand.

Thanks

James

Sarahb85
Visitor

I am in the same position. I noticed 2 months ago on my direct debits a payment to EE. Been going out for 18 months. When  i contacted them, they said i was still paying for a sim card, that had been out of contract for over 18 months, and they confirmed that that sim card hadnt been used either.  I cancelled this over the phone over a year ago! They then had a cheek to send me a bill of £13. Which i refused to pay!  Know my credit file has been affected! Im not a happy bunny, i have now got the finacial ombusman involed. 

#Joke #poorcustomerservice