£50

Magsgrammy23
Investigator
Investigator

Just taken out a new sim with EE  having left 02 and have received a bill for £59 - £9 for mobile plan and £50 deposit. I don’t know what the deposit is for or how to get it taken off. I didn’t ask for any add ons just wanted a simple phone plan,phoned  EE and was told to wait til my sim arrived. It has now arrived but I can’t put it it in til Monday because I need the phone and the invoice says pays immediately .

perhaps I should have stayed with 02. Can anyone help

maggie *************

[mod edit: removed personal details from the forum]

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's a good chance of that being a deposit for roaming, which will only be required if you want to use your phone abroad. You can contact CS and request that's removed if you won't need it.

I'm not sure why you think putting the SIM in your phone is a bad idea now, any number port won't be initiated until Monday but I don't see why the invoice should complicate anything except your charges.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Magsgrammy23 

You'll need to speak to EE CS on 150 about the deposit. It maybe for some services which you can obtain a refund. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Paying for the EE SIM is separate from the phone which I assume you have ordered elsewhere.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Thank you
I already have the phone
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Magsgrammy23 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please call us and our mobile guides will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne 🙂