cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting on Well with this New Community

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

There is much I don't like about it. There are many bells & whistles that I came to rely on in the old Community that seem to have disappeared.

1. In a Board listing of its Topics the extract of the OP is too wordy & includes images, taking up too much room & fewer in view on screen at once. - Being Investigated
    1. Also there is no latest post time against each of them. 
  2. In a Topic listing of its Posts there is no post count on each post of the form "Post n of m". - Future consideration
  3. In a Topic listing of its Posts no longer is there a "Subject" heading on each post but only on the OP, making impossible to change the Subject to a more appropriate or informative 1.
  4. In the All Topics listing there is no counts on each Topic of Viewed, Replies & Helpfuls as there are with individual Topics. - Not in Scope
  5. When Replying there is no "View discussion in a popup" (that's the BT equivalent) or "in a separate window". - FIXED
  6. When pointing at a nick there is no feedback of their post count etc.- Not in Scope
  7. When pointing at a time of posting, like "3 hours ago" there is no feedback of the actual time. - FIXED
  8. When Searching it no longer defaults its Search to the current Board. - RESOLVED by 'Discussions' but not as default.
  9. The results of a Search does not include "Show result in replies" where you get hits.- Not in Scope - makes it unwieldy when you are looking for a specific reply but you can no longer see it in context.
  10. My user says there are 2 new PMs but there are no new PMs. The last was 2 weeks ago.
  11. Insert Link has reverted to "Open in Current Page" rather than "Open in New Page" that it was. - FIXED
  12. In a Board listing of its Topics there is no longer a list of Unread Posts at the foot. -ALTERNATIVE List of Unread Topics will probably suffice
  13. Read Topics in Board & All Topics lists stay highlighted (bold) ages after you read them. I'm not even sure they unbold when you read them a 2nd time. - Looks like a QUIRK when you reply but don't refresh
  14. No "(New)" indicator against Subject of Posts in a Thread, so you are never sure if you've come across it before.- Future consideration
  15. I can't delete Threads Posts from this Board or Stars Boards.
  16. Where's the Image Approve / Search thing gone? I can't find it. - RESOLVED now on your Profile page

GREEN = CLOSED. RED = Current State.

Well, that's it for now. I expect there will a few more.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
19 REPLIES 19
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Go to settings you can change it from saying "3 hours ago" to the exact time.

In the PM page click on the setting icon and press mark as all read. This got rid of the new PM notification for me.

Do we really need to see feedback on the user with how many times they posted? It doesn't change the reply you give people or if they need help or anything.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@BrendonH wrote:

Go to settings you can change it from saying "3 hours ago" to the exact time. No, that's exactly what I don't want! I like to see how long ago times normally but sometimes when trying to pin things down I like to see the exact time as to what precedes what. Your suggestion applied equally to the old Community. If I wanted that I would have been using it already & not asking for this here.

In the PM page click on the setting icon and press mark as all read. This got rid of the new PM notification for me. I know I could do that but I am pointing out here a bug to the developers.

Do we really need to see feedback on the user with how many times they posted? It doesn't change the reply you give people or if they need help or anything. I do! & it could reflect on my reply &/or future actions.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

I fail to see how a reply would be different from someone who posted once or 20k times.

The exact time option is there. Depending on what your setting is set to the newest will either be at the very end or at the beginning underneath the main post. I don't see why you would need both.

Yes this is a bug but it's a new community forum and there will be bugs, there was a lot of bugs in the old one to be honest.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Sean_D
Former EE Community Manager

Thanks, @XRaySpeX,

You have produced quite a list which is great 😀.  I am going to work through all the points you have raised to see what we can sort out now and what we can add to the roadmap for future improvements.  I will update you when I have more info to share.

Thanks again for the feedback, this is super helpful 👍

Cheers

Sean

@BrendonH : I've no intention of explaining my thought processes to you.

Be constructive not destructive!

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

cont...

11. Insert Link has reverted to "Open in Current Page" rather than "Open in New Page" that it was.

12. In a Board listing of its Topics there is no longer a list of Unread Posts at the foot.

13. Read Topics in Board & All Topics lists stay highlighted (bold) ages after you read them. I'm not even sure they unbold when you read them a 2nd time.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The new layout just doesn't feel as easy for quick dips-in as previously. I'm not sure if it's a Star-thing or not, but the panel for listing unanswered posts just isn't as easy to find - and if posting on a mobile, it's just not as "easy" as the old layout.

Benefit of the doubt for now, but I do find myself "dipping in for a quick look" much less now.

14. No "(New)" indicator against Subject of Posts in a Thread, so you are never sure if you've come across it before.