Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community update feedback list (unreplyable) Responses

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sean_D wrote:

No time stamps on threads when viewed at board level – This has been addressed we have switched from Relative dates to Absolute dates

I'm not clear what or whose comment this is in response to. My comment 1a. was 

there is no latest post time against each of them.

meaning:

In a Board listing of its Topics there is a timestamp on each Topic of the OP timing but not of the latest reply (as there used to be) which in fact determines the usual sorting order for the Board & w/out this it presents a higgledy-piggledy & illogical order to the Board.

Your above change does nothing but change the default display of dates. It does not reflect on my above comment. I have already changed it back.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
2 REPLIES 2
Sean_D
Former EE Community Manager

Hi @XRaySpeX,

Thanks for the follow-up. I misunderstood your initial comment, sorry about that, although our intention was to use absolute dates and my misunderstanding still allowed me to change this 😀

I have raised a ticket to see if we can get the 'Latest reply date and time' added to the thread when viewed at the board level, this information is very useful so I'd like to see it added again.

When looking into this I also found another issue.  The date and the time displayed on the thread when viewing at the board level, will display the data of the first post in any given thread, however, when clicking into the thread, the time of the original post is 1 hour behind that of which is displayed on the board view 🤔

I have raised this as well.

I will update the main list to add both issues

Cheers

Sean

@Sean_D wrote:

when clicking into the thread, the time of the original post is 1 hour behind that of which is displayed on the board view 

Yes, within the thread the time of the original post is 1 hour behind that of which is displayed on the Board, but that's cuz the time on the Board is wrong being 1 hour ahead of the true time, e.g. (seemingly not this Board) Broadband account :

Board Time: 3 hours ago 10:05:01 AM (correct) v. Thread OP Time: 09:05 AM

In writing this I find that the "blockquote" (upside '') has disappeared again 😞 .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)