cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Extender won't connect since I've switched from Sky to ee broadband

WindyWeather
Investigator
Investigator

I have a netgear extender which connected perfectly, but my TP-Link RE650 just won't connect with internet on 2.4ghz, and fails completely on 5ghz

I've tried a factory reset, with and without an ethernet lead - sometimes I can see it on my phone, but mostly not

I'm at a loss as to what to do next as I need that one because it has an ethernet port which I need for the shed, as it's too far away from the house to connect wirelessly

5 REPLIES 5
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@WindyWeather See if the tp-link below is helpful also in that area what to do when there is issues.

7106509346_RE650&RE655(EU)_QIG_V1.pdf (tp-link.com)

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@WindyWeather Here is the TP-Link help guide below, you may also wish to download the user guide and look at section Chapter 5 and  6. The unit use's the 192.168.0.x IP range by default so you know.

7106509346_RE650&RE655(EU)_QIG_V1.pdf (tp-link.com)

Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@WindyWeather  is this the extender you have? https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/re650_v2/chapter-2-set-up-internet-connection#ug-sub-title-2 

Are you using the tether app or a browser to set it us?

How far through the instructions are you getting?

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@WindyWeather Take a look at Chapter 5 and 6 of the TP-Link user manual, it uses the 192.168.0.x range of IP as it's defaults, if you use a network cable connected from PC to the RE650 you can change the IP range to match EE router assuming that you have left it at it's defaults, NOTE the management of the RE to is 192.168.0.254 to get online and change the settings.

That's the extender - I haven't had time to try again - I'll let you know when I do - thanks
Regards
Gail