cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching broadband from BT to EE

RiddingsChris
Visitor

Hi I’ve today switched from BT to EE and just have one question I forgot to clarify with the sales team. Do I keep the BT router or will I get a new EE one? 
thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@RiddingsChris : I've always understood that BT require their routers back or you'll pay a fee. You should be told in your leaving notice. However EE will always supply a suitable router.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@RiddingsChris : I've always understood that BT require their routers back or you'll pay a fee. You should be told in your leaving notice. However EE will always supply a suitable router.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Phillipe2
Investigator
Investigator

I switched from BT to EE and kept the BT router I was not asked to return it or offered an EE router.  So I am with EE but using BT equipment.  Down size to that for me to access BT router I have to use the  BT App and for other things the EE app. so confusing.

Phillipe2
Investigator
Investigator

However in relation to my previous post I was able to keep my BT e mail in full , otherwise I would not have migrated when I did. This was cleared for use mid November 23 as at the time EE folks on the phones were not 100% sure what was happening. There was not a lot of correct information  going around the time of migration and so confusing.  I think the whole migration business was not totally thought out and I honestly believed that no customer migration should have happened for at least 6 months  after merger to sort out  the finer administration details..  Hopefully everybody is on the same page - only time will tell  

@Phillipe2 : Which EE FF BB product have you signed up for?

I am on Fibre 36 essential with digital Home phone - as this is the the one EE put me in on migrating.  The speeds are the same as BT as is the monthly charge. I live in a rural area in which only one company has established full fibre. (Fibrus)  I was happy with BT.  I am using the BT router as I was told its as good as the EE router and they did not ask for it back  and did not offer me an EE router.  The broadband is working fine with no issues.

Neil_F
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I got forced to move to the same package despite wanting to stay with BT.  I still have btinternet a email address but not sure how long for. 

I think the payg monthly charge is very unfair as you pay it just to have the landline unlike before. I have to have it as have elderly friends, family and neighbours that use it to call me.

I am on the PAYG as well.   However I don’t use it much except in an emergency or friends and family that don’t have broadband.  Our mobile coverage is not adequate and I use WiFi call in house.   I pay £2 a month extra for this service  and I agree with you that as a PAYG customer as well as the broadband I should not be paying for this service.   The phone will only work when the broadband is working and both have access to one line entering the house so to me this is an extra surcharge that should not be happening.   In regards to the BT email - at the moment EE is allowing BT customers to retain their email.   As to the future I don’t know as this Merger is in its infancy and decisions are made every day.  I just hope that any decision that are made that we as customers find out first before implementation.    

Neil_F
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good people are able to keep the email addresses.

The EE phone signal is dire where I live and I have to move to one particular window to receive a signal. I've never known if wifi calling activates itself. Assume not as no signal if not by the window. I've activated wifi calling on the phone but assume it doesn't work

If you have activated WiFi call on your phone and as long as your broadband is on and working you should be able to make and receive calls over WiFi.   On network selection on your phone (same place as your WiFi calling selected )it should read “your mobile operator ie o2 followed by WiFi calling. If your broadband is not working or switched off your mobile will revert to your service provider signal.