Shafted by BT

Notts1947
Investigator
Investigator

Well I am 77 and can do without all this. Was moved to EE for all when I tried to renew my mobile phones.  No mention of the fact I loose Virus Protection on all my devices and Discovery+ and BT Cloud.

The change over is a nightmare and am just starting. No mention I needed adapters for my landline phones or a battery backup as our mobile signal hardly works in the house. 

I will end up paying more than I was quoted for Broadband when I renewed online this week on BT website and  now have to pay for services that were free on BT.

1 REPLY 1
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Why did you agree to move all to EE from BT in the first place?

We have BT broadband and Digital Voice, as well as used to have contracted phones through BT Mobile.

However, when our BT Mobile contracts were coming to an end, we just simply renewed through EE Mobile as we obviously couldn't get the required phone now through BT.

We still use BT for Family Sims, and with BT Broadband still we get 20% broadband discount and 30% mobile discount and double data still on all our mobiles, including both BT and EE mobiles.

If you are still within 14 days then you should be able to swap back to BT, you are best calling them directly.

See here:

How do I cancel if I've had my contract less than 14 days and signed up online or over the phone?

EE do a battery backup unit, if you want to register as a vulnerable person, then read this previous post about it here:

How to connect a Battery Backup Unit (BBU) to your Smart Hub

Otherwise, you can purchase one here:

https://store.ee.co.uk/products/cyberpower-back-up-for-bt-digital-voice-service--fttp--097284-FV55.h...

With the landline phone you should be able to simply plug it into the back of your EE Smart Hub, the same as you can do with the BT Smart Hub 2.

Otherwise, you should be able to get a free adaptor from EE, they might try to sell you one but you should be able to get one free, or you'll have to pay for digital phones.

With Discovery+, if you had BT Sport originally, then TNT Sports, you should have been given a code to activate Discovery+ as shown here:

TNT Sports via BT or EE: How do I access discovery+?

Simply go here to activate: https://www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus

So, if you paid BT for TNT Sports, then you should still be getting it with EE and be able to access it as you will just be paying EE for TNT Sports add-on instead.

See here for EE and Discovery+:

Is discovery+ included at no extra cost?

Read the page as it tells you what to do depending on your options...

If you joined us before 18 July 2023 and had an active BT Sports account;

If you joined after 18 July 2023 or have not activated Sports.

As for BT Cloud, well that is being closed at some point in the future and I personally never used it anyway.

From previous post about BT Cloud:

From 26 October BT Cloud will no longer be offered to customers who take BT Broadband packages. For customers who have not already set up the service, the option to do so will no longer exist in MyBT. Existing BT Broadband customers who have already activated BT Cloud can continue to use it as they do today but will not be able to upgrade their storage.

Given the above it is more than likely that BT Cloud will be closed down some time in the future although no time scale has been given.

If you have EE TV then you'll see that you already have discovery+ in the tv package anyway.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.