cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE and VPN Connection.

Kjb1980
Explorer

I am really annoyed with the same situation,I am in the UK and I paid for 3 years of a VPN about 6 months ago now and since then I’ve also changed to EE for my broadband and ever since I did I have had so many problems but they always tell me they don’t interfere with a VPN,the connection every time I go on my iPhone or iPad (which have a mobile vpn) well it basically doesn't happen unless I turn off the VPN and then ‘hey presto’ straight away!

I'm extremely annoyed by this and I’m also annoyed by the fact that you haven’t even had a reply from them here,it’s disgusting!

So I’m now unsure wether to lose 2 1/2 years of upfront payments for the vpn or cancel with EE or just continue to be as angry as I am,I’m housebound due to disability so it’s kind of a life line and the world is run on the internet now,so I do hope you have found a solution or at least had a response from them. 
Best of luck to you 👍

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Kjb1980   EE don’t stop you from using a VPN.  I’ve never had any issues when using any VPN over EE BB or mobile.  

Good for you.
I’m just saying what I’ve experienced.
It was literally a reply to tell them they’re not alone in their issue and that I am absolutely disgusted that they’ve not had any contact from EE.
You probably work for EE or know someone that does otherwise you wouldn’t of wasted your time saying anything so this actually makes me feel even more stronger about what I said and what he said and I have heard this is a widespread problem.
Thanks
Have a great days👍

Sent from my iPhone
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Kjb1980   And I was pointing out to you that EE don’t stop or block VPNs.    Why would EE help with an issue that has nothing todo with there infrastructure ?   What can they do when the issue isn’t there network ? 

No I don’t work for EE and no I don’t know anyone directly who works for EE.  The only people I know are the EE staff on here. I’m a customer just like you. 

@Kjb1980 What VPN do you have, as when I use mine, everything works, and as this is a public forum, I would suggest you ring customer service and speak to the technical team. EE certainly do not interfere with VPN, why would they? Maybe it is how you have set your VPN up.

I also do not work for EE, most people here are customers with some staff here to help when they can and under their username, it says EE employee or EE community support team.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I have personal experience with:

Surfshark

NordVPN

on both BT and EE networks, equally on mobile and on FTTP Broadband, with variety of devices used (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Windows 10 PC, windows 11 PC, android 12, Android 13, Android 14, Chromebook),

and never had issue with connection. In fact, I am using Mesh network on NordVPN just now, writing this reply from my mobile, but going out to internet from my home broadband connection. No trouble at all..

33JV
Visitor

You have my sympathy.

I have exactly the same issue, I paid up front 18 months ago for NORD VPV  3 year coverage.

We changed to to EE in January this year for broadband and 2 mobiles (one iPhone 14 and one iPhone 15)

I am no tekkie but I get by.  The first thing I noticed in January after transfer was that Apple maps would not work in the car.

So after many hours and call on the phone to the EE help line, to make sure we hadn't got a simple set up problem, we ended up with EE talking me through disabling and removing the Nord VPN from my phone. the phone then functioned as it should.

After running a few months with no VPN protection, I thought I would try to install it again yesterday, (seeing as I still have 18 months subscription left).  As soon as I did same problem again with various functionality off the phone not working.

Removed Nord VPN again and the phone works again as it should.

Obviously my concern is I don't have the protection as advertised and that I have paid for to Nord.