Re: Broadband

AmandaJayne2
Explorer

Following.. was advised was getting a new up to date router only, explained I had 4 discs to ensure WiFi around the house.. now have a refund from bt a new ee router and no WiFi reaching the main rooms 😟 awaiting a response from ee.

3 REPLIES 3
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AmandaJayne2 I'm really sorry about that, what package have you gone for with New EE? 

In your order confirmation email does it mention if Smart Wifi or Smart Wifi Plus is included in your plan? If it does you can be provided with up to three EE Smart Wifi devices to extend your Wifi coverage. This service can also be ordered as an add on if it was missed off in the sales call.

Thanks

Neil

Hey Neil.. problem was didn’t know it was a “new package” just was told it was a more up to date router 😳 so didn’t know what package or that current service would be switched over, oops. Also no welcome email sent either with any info, account number or package details.  

Current system with bt needed 4 discs to ensure WiFi coverage in our home, and was explained on the initial call.
However just off the phone to three different but great individuals who have rectified the issue. Back on old router for the time being , old discs back working for now and new ee version discs to be arriving 7-10 days from now. It’s the full works package. With this service included too so an oversight not having the discs sent. 

we will re try the switch once the equipment arrives. 

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@AmandaJayne2 I'm so sorry that wasn't explained when the order was being placed. 

Oh, I see, with the full works they're also included and I'm glad you got sorted when you spoke to helpdesks. The EE Smart Hub Plus and wifi Plus discs have Wi-Fi 6 so it will be worth switching over to benefit from faster Wi-Fi speeds. 

Thanks

Neil