cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing broadband problem

Tony46800
Explorer

Hello I've just set up an account with EE. I've been a customer for over two years, but for some stupid reason I still have to set up an account! You'd have thought that would have happened automatically when I became a customer, but no it clearly isn't that simple! Anyhow that isn't my problem, my problem is trying to pair up my mobile phone and broadband with my account. I get an error message pairing my phone (pay as you go sim) and I also get an error message regarding my broadband "code 500" and "Quotaviolation". What the hell is that?

18 REPLIES 18
garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As, it seems, with most of EEs software tools, connecting accounts doesn't work. You'll need to contact 150, where a member of the support team will fill in a form for a back office team to action the linking of your accounts within 72 hours.

I had to do this recently, after moving to EE Broadband from BT, and initially having two accounts so that I had to log in to one for my broadband and the other for the mobile.

Tony46800
Explorer

Thanks but what a ball ache. I'm really not happy with EE. No problems with their broadband, but anything to do with accounts etc is rediculous and not something I would expect from such a large company. very shoddy

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I agree mate. I just moved over from BT to EE, on the promise of better WiFi, because it's WiFi6. Admittedly, the WiFi is much faster, but everything else is worse:

• no DDNS capability on the router
  • can't pay by recurring card payment
  • the Advanced Digital phones have lost their Alexa capability because it's incompatible with the hub
  • the app is broken so I can't manage the WiFi from it

I've made a formal complaint and am expecting my complaint manager to call me back today. I'm still in the cooling off period so may well just go back to BT for now. 

New EE isn't ready for prime time and we are all paying for the privilege of being it's beta testers.

Tony46800
Explorer

Funnily enough I've just tried again online and it actually worked this time!! I finally have my account set up without having to call them 😀

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Tony46800 Glad to hear it's worked for you. Fingers crossed you don't hit any more snags...

@garywood84 wrote:
  • can't pay by recurring card payment

You can in your MyEE for BB: MY PAYMENTS > Change payment details > Edit Payment Method > Select your preferred payment method.

• Direct Debit
  • Debit Card - Recurring card payment (Visa Debit, Electron, Maestro, Debit MasterCard)
  • Credit Card - Recurring card payment (Visa, MasterCard)
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks, @XRaySpeX. I can't find the right page, though, and trying to follow the links you included leads to errors. Would you be able to tell me, please, how to get to the relevant page from the EE homepage at ee.co.uk?

@garywood84 : Login to the MyEE that holds your BB a/c then Home > Manage your broadband > MY PAYMENTS > Change payment details > Edit Payment Method > Select your preferred payment method.

• Direct Debit
  • Debit Card - Recurring card payment (Visa Debit, Electron, Maestro, Debit MasterCard)
  • Credit Card - Recurring card payment (Visa, MasterCard)
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you, @XRaySpeX, but I can't nagivate to the page you refer to. When I click to manage payments in my accoutn, I get this error:

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 00.38.15.png

I am logged in, and the options at the top right of the page are to log out! If I follow the login link in the error message, it takes me back to the usual login screen, but then still says I'm not logged in if I try to manage payments.

Another bug in EE's systems!