cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE Smart Hub 2023 and Smart Hub Plus

karluk
Contributor
Contributor

I saw EE Broadband are now offering Smart Hub 2023 or Smart Hub Plus depending on the broadband package you select when ordering. Looks like these have just become available.

Does anyone know if both hubs have Wifi 6, I cant find the specs for both of these new hubs.

23 REPLIES 23
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I understand the Smart Hub Plus incorporates WiFi-7.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

plus.html Not seen much details, but believe the latest EE router will be based on the BT SH3, so Wi-Fi 6 likely.

See ISPReview  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/07/isp-bt-launch-uk-business-smart-hub-3-router-and-compl... 

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Smart Hub Plus is Wi-Fi 6 (not 6E).

Smart Hub (2023) is Wi-Fi 5, very similar to the Smart Router / BT Smart Hub 2 but in different clothing.

MBEE
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Saw the new TV ad campaign and was wondering if these had been made available yet, after looking into it earlier in the year:
https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Landline/Technical-Specification-EE-Smart-Router/m-p/1267463... 

I too would be v.interested in seeing the full spec for the Smart Hub Plus, its functionality, and options to existing customers once they're out as I recently decided not to upgrade to the EE Smart Router, which is currently still being sold for 200 quid:

https://www.eehomebroadband.com/Home/ProductsDesc/110 

karluk
Contributor
Contributor

Update: Got the Smart Hub Plus a couple of weeks ago it is Wifi 6 with a big improvement in Wifi speeds over BT Smart Hub 2 even on devices which don;t support Wifi 6. It is about 50% larger size than SH2, so maybe better internal aerials?

SHPlus also has a guest wifi you can set up. The hybrid connect also seems to work fine, for me this is a big plus of BT and EE as it's not too expensive for a WFH back-up even if outages on FTTP seem to only happen rarely at night.

I havent bothered with EE andline as set up a gigaset IP phone with Sipgate VOIP.

I have moved from BT FTTP 900 to EE FTTP 900, it seems to be an identical service given my IP address is BT too?! 

I'm interested to see what the new BT TV service is like and decide whether to add this? 

Hi, 

Can the Smart Hub Plus be used in Modem Mode? I'd like to know as I want to use my own wireless router.

Also, does it have any 2.5G ports, if so how many? Would be good if it had two, one 2.5G WAN port and one 2.5G LAN port.

Would really appreciate it if you could take a picture of the port side and upload it here.

Thanks 

@rajurahman85 : No modem only mode but you could disable WiFi & let other router handle all WiFi.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Looking at another thread, it looks like you can just connect your own router on its WAN directly by Ethernet to the ONT. So no modem or Smart Hub Plus required.

@rajurahman85 : That's correct.