cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect linksys Velop WHW03 to EE Smart router (white)

Expatal
Investigator
Investigator

So i have a Velop WHW03 3 node mesh system, i know its old, but it has always been sufficient. I now have EE fixed line Broadband with the EE Smart Router. The Velop is showing in WiFi and Ee home app but is not connecting to the Internet when plugged in with Cat 5 cable. Tried all 3 nodes, plugged into each port on the router 1 at a time but won't connect to Internet.

Have EE blocked its use or is there a setting I need to change, never had any problems in the past.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Expatal  sorry, not trying to be difficult, but lets start again. No tech genius hopefully needed for my first question:

@Expatal  you say no problems in the past, but what did you use in the past, ?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Expatal  you say no problems in the past, but what did you use in the past, and how do you have the Velop setup?

A quick look on the setup and there may be an issue with the IP address range being the same as on the Smart Router.. Your previous setup may have had a different range hence your no issues.

There is no overlap on the IP, there are three nodes, one is linked to the router using one or the cat ports on the back. The others would then pickup from the first and extend. All are showing available on the WiFi network so again no overlap, they just will not connect to the Internet, its like EE are blocking the cat ports

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Expatal  so from the Velup manual you can also use the default IP address 192.168.1.1.

Is that not the same range as the Smart Router?

Smart router is 192.168.1.112

The velops are 

Should the default gateways all be

192.168.1.254 to match the smart router

this bit makes no sense "Smart router is 192.168.1.112"

What are you using for DHCP?

Why are your Velops on 3 separate IP ranges?

Yes if the smart router is the direct internet connection then the gateways should all be 192.168.1.254.

Did you do a reset of all of your devices before trying to connect them?

Reset on all velops not the smart router ad I don't want to screw that up.

I just copied and pasted, so whether it makes sense or not that's what they are.

@Expatal  Although it is not helping you, I refer you back to my first answer.

You are not answering many of my questions, so hard for me to suggest what to do next.

But I believe your Velups are interfering with the DHCP IP range allocation of the Smart Router - so you need to change the range on one or the other.

EE is not blocking anything.

Ok. Well I have answered all your questions as est I can. I am not a tech genius as you obviously are. 

I can find no way to change any of the IP addresses.

Never had problems before, but never had a router with such limited ability to make any changes to the devices on the network.

@Expatal  sorry, not trying to be difficult, but lets start again. No tech genius hopefully needed for my first question:

@Expatal  you say no problems in the past, but what did you use in the past, ?