cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new EE SH20A hub in the post but it won't link to printer

Ma19a
Investigator
Investigator

BT updated my contract and sent me a new EE SH20A hub, but even though I could  connect all my other WiFi equipment my Canon MG 3600 series printer just won't pair even though it did with my older BT Smart Hub 2

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just figured out how to do it via my smartphone using the Canon printer app, everything is working now.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Ma19a 

Are you connecting to the 2.4 GHz network. If not it won't connect. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Tried switching off the 5ghz WiFi in the hub options and tried to connect with just 2.4ghz activated but it still didn't work.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Could you describe the point in which it's failing, @Ma19a? We'll do our best to help.
Chris

Basically I turn the Canon MG 3600 printer on, press the WiFi  button on the printer then the colour button, then the WiFi button again to activate the WPS, then press the WPS button on the EE hub and then nothing happens.

The WiFi light on the printer just keeps flashing and my laptop won't pick the printer up. The EE hub is right next to the printer.

Christopher_G

Does the user guide for the printer have a back-up set up process, @Ma19a? Like through an application rather than through WPS?

Chris

Apparently you can set it up for WiFi via USB cable, but the Canon software that allows you to do this is not compatible with Windows 11 which is on my laptop.

Christopher_G

Are there any other software  versions they offer that is compatible with Windows 11, @Ma19a?

Chris

Just figured out how to do it via my smartphone using the Canon printer app, everything is working now.

James_B

Thanks for sharing your solution, @Ma19a 🙂

James