cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE in breach of contract

CheesedoffwithE
Investigator
Investigator

I've never had to resort to posting on a public forum to get anywhere with a company before but, after an hour or more on the phone to EE (or is it BT? you get passed around from pillar to post) yesterday, I've got nowhere.

This isn't the place to go into yesterday's Full Fibre installation, which was far more difficult than it needed to be but we now  have our promised 150Mbps download speed. That's the only positive in this post.

On 27th February I ordered the Full Fibre 150 All Rounder, after the sales rep unsuccessfully tried to talk me into buying the 900Mbps All Rounder package, including Halo, "the "Keep Connected Promise".  He said I would get the same as the 900 package (except for the speed, of course). What I've never received is the Smart Hub Plus, or the TV Box Pro (for the TV package I'm paying for) or the other benefits I was told I would get (Halo etc). The only thing we really need is the Smart Hub Plus, I'm still using our BT Smart Hub 2. And am receiving another one tomorrow apparently, because EE are incapable of cancelling orders.

My account says the Smart Hub Plus is "included in my plan", but I was told yesterday that I would have to pay £30 to receive one. Maybe I should charge EE £30 for configuring my router because the engineer didn't know how?

When I was on hold with the rep on 27th February, I looked on EE's website and said "I can get 150Mps for £29.99, why am I being charged £40.99?" and he replied that it was for "all the extras" - but I'm not getting any of them, not even the Smart Hub Plus. 

So can someone please send me a Smart Hub Plus and TV Box Pro, and change me to the Full Fibre 150 Essentials package instead at £29.00 a month?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@CheesedoffwithE I'm sorry about the problems with your recent switch to New EE. I'll send you a private message and we'll be happy to look into your complaint.

Thanks

Neil

Thank you Neil, I've replied to your PM.

CheesedoffwithE
Investigator
Investigator

Hello
I replied on Friday but I've heard nothing further as yet, can I please clarify does "48 working hours" mean I should get a response tomorrow?
Separately I was told on Thursday that I would get a call back from a supervisor in the so-called "loyalty team" over the weekend. That never happened.
I am really beginning to regret staying with BT/EE as I'm simply not getting what I'm paying for.

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CheesedoffwithE,

It's currently taking 3-5 working days after you've sent us your reply.

I've checked our queue and you should be picked up tomorrow as you're near the top.

We will do all we can to help you.

Thank you,

Daniel-S