cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE app not working to manage Smart Hub Plus

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've hit yet another snag since moving over from BT to EE: when I open the app and go to manage my broadband, and select WiFi, it says I can't manage the settings because I'm not connected to my home WiFi. But I am: the router shows the phone as connected and active and I can access the internet. 

Anyone else had this and did you find a fix?

85 REPLIES 85
wgwright
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Have you tried doing a reset on your router and also uninstalling and reinstalling the App?

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, I've reset the router and the app but it still doesn't work - the app says I'm not on my WiFi when I am...

RCR4
Explorer

Also moved from BT to EE recently and have the exact same problem and no fix either. Happened after latest app update, tried restarting router and re-installed app, same result on both android phone and iPad. 

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear you've got the same issue, @RCR4

I'm really fed up with EE. I moved over from a BT service that worked perfectly and exactly met my needs, on the promise that the only difference would be that I'd have WiFi 6. I do have faster WiFi, but the trade off has been:

• I can no longer pay by recurring credit card payment, despite being told I could during the sales call
  • The app doesn't work to me me manage the network, and was slow and flakey even when it did work
  • The new Smart Hub Plus doesn't have DDNS functionality (it did when it arrived, but it wouldn't save the password and so failed to work, and in the firmware update that happened over the first night if was powered up, the whole function was removed)
  • I was told my BT Advanced Digital Phones with Alexa would work with the new hub. In fact the Alexa function doesn't work, and I'm getting mixed information from EE about this - customer support is saying they are investigating and don't yet have a resolution, whilst the EE team on Twitter says the phones are incompatible.

Overall, I'm wishing that I hadn't made the move from BT. The new EE service just isn't ready for prime time, and those of us who have moved over to it are effectively being used as paying beta testers. Even the EE teams are saying that it's all so new they're not sure about things.

RCR4
Explorer

That’s some trade off list @garywood84, hope they get resolved.

WiFi is great just been issues with EE App.

At first passed around various help desks as wouldn’t let me view or link broadband account to app, then had given up accessing Wi-Fi controls until suddenly started working a week ago…. other than speed test.

Let’s hope this latest issue fixed soon.

Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @garywood84

Thank you for your posts.

I am sorry for all the problems you've experienced since moving your services over to us.  I'd like the opportunity to go through each of these to draw a line under this once and for all.  In order for me to investigate, I'll need some account details from you.  I also see you have mentioned you're in touch with our executive customer resolutions team. I can update them on the other issues you've reported too.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @Robbie-Mac,

Thanks for this, mate. I'll reply to your private message now with the details, and look forward to hearing from you. 

Appreciate your help.

AndyMunro91
Explorer

I have the exact same issue, hopefully gets resolved quickly.  I am another customer who was with BT for  7 years then transitioning over to EE has been a headache to say the least. 

Hi Robbie-Mac. 
I am having the exact same problem with the App. I was an existing EE customer but came to the end of my broadband contract so had to change to the new hub and I can’t access the manage controls at all. 
Please can you give me some assistance with this.